32. Mustafa S. Yavuz*, Murat Citir, Halit Cavusoglu, Gokhan Demirel Measuring Temperature Change at Nanometer Scale on Gold Nanoparticles using Thermoresponsive PEGMA Polymers. ChemNanoMat, 2017, DOI: 10.1002/cnma.201700081.
31. Mehmet S. Atas, Sami Dursun, Hasan Akyildiz, Murat Citir, Cafer T. Yavuz, Mustafa S. Yavuz* Selective removal of cationic micro-pollutants using disulfide-linked network structures. RSC Advances, 2017, 7, 25969-25977.
30. Bayram Colak, Huseyin Sakalak, Halit Çavusoglu, Mustafa S. Yavuz* Novel capsules for potential theranostics of obscure gastrointestinal bleedings. Medical Hypotheses, 2016, 94, 99-102.
29. Ismil C. Kaya, Cagla Cetin, Hursit S. Aydin, Zeynep Katircioğlu, Burak Z. Büyükbekar, Mustafa S. Yavuz, Mesut Uyaner, Volkan Kalem, Hasan Akyildiz Production of CuAlO2 in powder, bulk and nanofiber forms. Journal of Ceramic Processing Research, 2015, 5 (16), 648-655.
28. Hakan Erdogan, Esra Babur, Mehmet Yilmaz, Elif Candas, Merve Gordesel, Yavuz Dede, Ersin E. Oren, Gokcen Birlik Demirel, Mustafa K. Ozturk, Mustafa S. Yavuz, and Gokhan Demirel Morphological Versatility in the Self-Assembly of Val-Ala and Ala-Val Dipeptides. Langmuir, 2015, 31 (26), 7337–7345
27. Neil M. Robertson, Mustafa S. Hizir, Mustafa Balcioglu, Rui Wang, Mustafa S. Yavuz, Hasan Yumak, Birol Ozturk, Jia Sheng, and Mehmet V. Yigit Discriminating a Single Nucleotide Difference for Enhanced miRNA Detection Using Tunable Graphene and Oligonucleotide Nanodevices. Langmuir, 2015, 31 (36), 9943–9952.
26. Mehmet Yilmaz, Hamit B. Kuloglu, Hakan Erdogan, Saime S. Cetin, Mustafa S. Yavuz, Gozde Ozaydin Ince and Gokhan Demirel Light-Driven Unidirectional Liquid Motion on Anisotropic Gold Nanorod Arrays. Advanced Materials Interfaces, 2015, 2: DOI: 10.1002/admi.201500226.
25. Mehmet Ulasan, Emine Yavuz, Yunus Cengeloglu, Mustafa S. Yavuz* Facile synthesis of boronic acid-functionlized nanocarriers for glucose-triggered caffeic acid. Polymer Bulletin, 2015, 72 (9), 2127-2142.
24. Mehmet Ulasan, Emine Yavuz, Emin Umit Bagriacik, Yunus Cengeloglu, Mustafa S. Yavuz* Biocompatible thermoresponsive PEGMA nanoparticles crosslinked with cleavable disulfide based crosslinker for dual drug release. J. of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 2015, 103, 243-251.
23. Mustafa Balcioglu, Burak Buyukbekar, Mustafa S. Yavuz and Mehmet V. Yigit*. Smart polymer functionalized graphene nano-devices for thermo-switch controlled biodetection, ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering, 2015, 1, 27–36.
22. Abstract: Mustafa Balcioglu, Burak Buyukbekar, Mustafa S. Yavuz and Mehmet V. Yigit Smart polymer functionalized graphene nano-devices for thermo-switch controlled biodetection. Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics, 2015, 33, Supplement 1, 47-48.
21. Burak Zafer Buyukbekar, Faruk Ozel, Huseyin Sakalak, Halit Cavusoglu, Mustafa Ersoz, Mahmut Kus, Mustafa Selman Yavuz* A comparative study on fabrication of Cu2ZnSnS4 (CZTS) nanofibers using acetate and chloride metal precursors. Turkish Journal of Chemistry, 2015, 39 (4), 897.
20. Huseyin Sakalak, Mehmet Ulasan, Emine Yavuz, Sevket Tolga Camli*, Mustafa S. Yavuz* One-pot synthesis of biocompatible boronic acid-functionalized poly(methyl methacrylate) nanoparticles at sub-100 nm scale for glucose sensing, Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 2014,16, 2767.
19. Zeynep Katircioğlu, Hüseyin Şakalak, Mehmet Ulaşan, Ahmet Ceyhan Gören, Mustafa S. Yavuz* Facile Synthesis of “Green” Gold Nanocrystals using Cynarin in an Aqueous Solution. Applied Surface Science, 2014, 318, 191–198.
18. Hasmukh A. Patel, Mustafa S. Yavuz and Cafer T. Yavuz. Exceptional organic solvent uptake by disulfidelinked polymeric networks. RSC Advances, 2014, 4, 24320-24323.
17. Mehmet Yilmaz, Erhan Senlik, Erhan Biskin, Mustafa S. Yavuz, Ugur Tamer, Gokhan Demirel. Combining 3-D plasmonic gold nanorod arrays with colloidal nanoparticles as a versatile concept for reliable, sensitive, and selective molecular detection by SERS. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2014, 16, 5563-5570.
16. Hakan Erdogan, Huseyin Sakalak, Mustafa S. Yavuz*, Gokhan Demirel. Laser-Triggered Degelation Control of Gold Nanoparticle Embedded Peptide Organogels. Langmuir, 2013, 29, 6975-6982
15. Mustafa S. Yavuz*, Gregory Sotzing. Surface Grafting of Electrochemically Crosslinked Poly(3,4-Ethylenedioxythiophene) (PEDOT) Brushes via Surface-Initiated Ring-Opening Metathesis Polymerization. European Polymer Journal, 2012, 48, 875-880
14. Sevket T. Camli, Fatih Buyukserin, Cafer T. Yavuz, Mustafa S. Yavuz*. One-pot facile synthesis of PEGylated Au nanoparticles in an Aqueous Media. Materials Chemistry and Physics, 2012, 134, 1153-1159
13. Mustafa S. Yavuz, Fatih Buyukserin, Zuleyha Zengin, S. Tolga Camli, Thermoresponsive oligo(ethylene glycol) methacrylate colloids with antifouling surface properties, Journal of Polymer Science Part A, 2011, 49, 4800-4808
12. Emine Temizel, Esra Ayan, Mehmet Senel, Hamit Erdemi, Mustafa S. Yavuz, Huseyin Sozeri, Abdulhadi Baykal, Ramazan Ozturk, Synthesis, conductivity and magnetic properties of poly(3-propyl pyrrole)-Fe3O4 nanocomposite, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 2011, 131, 284-291
11. Fatma K. Canitez, Mustafa S. Yavuz, Ramazan Ozturk. One-pot synthesis of gold nanoparticles using tetradentate porphyrins. Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 2011, 13, 7219-7228
10. Fatih Buyukserin, Sevket T. Camli, Mustafa S. Yavuz, Gurer G. Budak, Novel antifouling oligo(ethylene glycol) methacrylate particles via surfactant-free emulsion polymerization, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2011, 355, 76-80.
9. Michael Invernale, Yujie Ding, Donna Marie D. Mamangun, Mustafa S. Yavuz, Gregory Sotzing. Preparation of Conjugated Polymers Inside Assembled Solid-state Devices, Advanced Materials, 2010, 22, 1379-1382.
8. Sevket Tolga Camli, Fatih Buyukserin, Mustafa S Yavuz, Gurer G Budak. Fine-tuning of functional poly(methylmethacrylate) nanoparticle size at the sub-100 nm scale using surfactant-free emulsion polymerization, Colloids and Surfaces A, 2010, 366, 141-146.
7. Michael Invernale, Samuel Pendergraph, Mustafa S. Yavuz, Matthew Ombaba, Gregory Sotzing. Conjugated Polymers Atypically Prepared in Water, Journal of Polymer Science Part A, 2010,48, 2024-2031
6. Mustafa S. Yavuz, Yiyun Cheng, Jingyi Chen,Claire M. Cobley, Quiang Zheng, Jingwei, Xie, Chulhong Kim, Kwanghyun Song, Annie G. Schwartz, Lihong V. Wang, Younan Xia. Gold nanocages covered by smart polymers for controlled release using near-infrared light, Nature Materials, 2009, 8, 935-939
5. Mustafa S. Yavuz, Gary Jensen, David Penaloza, James Rusling, Thomas A. P. Seery, Gregory A. Sotzing, Gold Nanoparticles with Externally Controlled, Reversible Shifts of Surface Plasmon Resonance Bands, Langmuir, 2009, 25, 13120-13124
4. Mustafa S. Yavuz, Weiyang Li, Younan Xia. Facile synthesis of gold icosahedra in an aqueous solution by reacting HAuCl4 with N-vinyl pyrrolidone, Chemistry: A European Journal, 2009, 13, 13181-13187
3. Eric Formo; Mustafa S. Yavuz; Younan Xia, Functionalization of Electrospun Ceramic Nanofibers with Noble-Metal Nanoparticles and Nanowires for Green Catalysis, Journal of Materials Chemistry, 2009, 19, 3878-3882
2. Xianmao Lu, Mustafa S. Yavuz, Hsin-Yu Tuan, Brian Korgel, Younan Xia Ultrathin Gold Nanowire Can Be Obtained by Reducing Polymeric Strands of Oleylamine-AuCl Complexes Formed via Aurophilic Interaction, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2008, 130, 8900-8901
1. Byoungchul Lee, Mustafa S. Yavuz, Gregory A. Sotzing, Poly(thieno[3,4-b]thiophene)s from Three Symmetrical Thieno[3,4-b] thiophene Dimers, Macromolecules, 2006, 39, 3118-3124
1. PCT, PCT2014/0440, pending "Nanostructures covered with species having photothermally cleavable linkers for controlled delivery of Cargo"
2. Turkish Patent Institute, 2014/14950, pending "Externally triggered photothermal heating of metal nanostructures for Liver Kist Therapy"
3. Turkish Patent Institute, 2013/15287, pending "Nanostructures covered with species having photothermally cleavable linkers for controlled delivery of Cargo"
4. Turkish Patent Institute, 2015/00682, pending "Temperature and Redox sensitive biocompatible poly(ethylene glycol) methylether methacrylate-co-vinyl pyrrolidone nanoparticles for dual release"
Research Associate 10/07-08/09
Biomedical Engineering, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, MO, USA
·Building controlled drug-release systems using nanostructures
·Highly efficient coupling reactions by using metal-decorated nanofibers
·Synthesizing various polymers, including pH- and thermo-sensitive polymers
·Preparation of shape-controlled metal nanoparticles
·Stereo-specific and -selective organic reactions by using metal nanocomposites
Research Assistant 08/03-10/07
Department of Chemistry, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, USA
·Monomer design and synthesis, heterocyclic chemistry
·Conducting polymer synthesis and characterization
·Preparing conducting polymers from insulating precursor polymers
·Synthesizing polymer immunosensors and applications to the detection of a cancer biomarker in biomedical samples
·Electrospinning of precursor polymers and conversion to conducting nanofibers
Research Associate 05/03-08/03
Pharmaceutical-Infection Chemistry, AstraZeneca R&D Boston, Worcester, MA, USA
·Synthesizing pure (>95%) drugs by using organic synthesis techniques
·Able to send four new drugs to test
Research Assistant 09/01-05/03
Worcester Polytechnic Institute & Bayer Diagnostics, MA, USA
·Synthesizing macro-bicyclic peptides for use as ammonium fluoroionophores (biosensors) via solution/solid phase methods
·Designing target macro-bicyclic structures based on molecular modeling method
Research and Development Laboratory, Arcelik Inc., Istanbul, Turkey
Summer Internship 07/99-09/99
Research and Development Laboratory, Suntex Ltd., Bursa, Turkey